Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Eldon Campus
Please submit application at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sfcc/jobs/3416104/adjunct-clinical-instructor-eldon-campus?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
State Fair Community College is an accessible, learning-centered institution, enriching its students and community by providing skills, knowledge and perspectives essential for a changing world.
The Instructor/faculty shall be responsible to the Coordinator, Director, and Dean of Health Science of State Fair Community College.
The part-time clinical instructor shall be responsible in assisting the Program Director in:
- Compliance with minimum standards.
- Ongoing planning, systematic development, implementation and evaluation in relationship to the philosophy and outcome criteria of the ADN and PN programs.
- Clinical instruction and evaluation of students.
- Maintaining clinical and educational competencies in area of instructional responsibilities.
The instructor’s duties shall be confined to the educational program and shall not be a part of nursing service at the institution.
The instructor is also responsible for the following duties:
- Provide appropriate instructional experiences to meet the objectives of the program.
- Supervising the work of students in the clinical lab.
- Working with clinical facilities to provide the most suitable clinical experience for students.
- Ensuring student confidentiality.
- Attend clinical site orientation with students as required.
- Attend clinical orientation and provide a current clinical syllabus and handouts for each clinical to students, the student success coordinator, and the administrative assistant as requested.
- Make assignments at clinical facility for each assigned student (as per clinical syllabus)
- Arrive at hospital on clinical days at least 20 minutes before students to check assignments.
- Conduct pre and post clinical conference with students.
- Observe, guide, and assist students with nursing actions, medications, charting, and special procedures.
- Maintain clinical site regulations such as orientation of EMR, medication dispensing equipment, restraints, etc.
- Write anecdotal notes on each assigned student, review clinical papers and write an evaluation on each student at end of clinical rotation.
- Complete an individual conference with each student after the rotation to review his/her evaluations and at any time deemed necessary during the rotation.
- Collaborate with coordinator and other staff as appropriate regarding student absences, remediation, and other student issues.
- Counsel students on clinical performance, attendance, professionalism or other concerns as needed.
- Keeping clinical attendance records.
- Completing clinical evaluation forms for each student and discussing with student at designated intervals.
- Determining clinical grades and recording appropriately.
- Assisting with the development of clinical syllabi and orientation information.
- Complete evaluations of the clinical site and simulation activities.
If position is deemed half time, instructor shall maintain five office hours at the College. If deemed adjunct, faculty are not required to maintain office hours, but are still expected to be at the clinical site as needed.
The preceding duties have been provided as examples of the essential types of work performed by positions within this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed.
The clinical instructor shall meet the qualifications specified by the State Board of Nursing minimum standards for accreditation.
The Instructor shall:
- Meet the qualifications specified by the State Board of Nursing minimum standards for accreditation.
- Be currently licensed to practice as a registered professional nurse in Missouri with a minimum of a baccalaureate in nursing with a clinical component required
- Nursing license cannot ever have been disciplined
- Equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience within five (5) years or have a total of two (2) years of part-time experience in the last five years
- Current experience shall be in education, clinical practice, or administration.
- Current BLS/CPR
- Current immunizations
- Successfully pass required drug and background checks
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and transcripts for review.
Pay Scale: $625.00 per credit hour
SFCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of State Fair Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law in regard to admissions, awarding financial aid, access to courses and programs, and all student services as well as the recruitment, admission and retention of students.
As part of our enduring commitment to inclusive excellence on our campus, State Fair Community College, is a member of the Greater Missouri Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). HERC supports job seekers through the higher education job search process and it supports institutions in their efforts to create inclusive recruitment, hiring, and retention practices for staff and faculty.
- Add to favourites