Reports To: Executive Chef
Pay: Based on Experience
Responsible for preparing hot and cold food items in accordance with production requirements while maintaining all food preparation standards in a safe, accident-free environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal for cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Maintain proper pars of production levels according to estimates on the production sheets; maintain top quality freshness.
- Use leftovers and maintain proper storage of leftovers on hot food side. Label and date all food.
- Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas. Make sure all stations are properly cleaned at end of shift and at end of evening.
- Rotate all foods and correctly fill out production charts.
- During peak business periods, coordinate and expedite to accelerate service.
- Supportive Functions – In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the requirements of the company.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor.
- Keeps floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of the broiler, sauté, fry, roast, moist heat and other cooking methods
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicate with other team members.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
- Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Prior hotel and restaurant cooking experience preferred. Not required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as part of the orientation process.
The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business, and a hospitable service atmosphere must always be projected.
- Add to favorites